Data Ship Systems Inc.
End to end, EDC only or anything in-between. That's how we do e-commerce.
For monitoring the on-site behaviors of your users and the performance of your
site, use the following free tools
Google Analytics http://www.google.com/analytics
Yahoo Web Analytics http://analytics.yahoo.com/
Use the following search tools to learn what keywords your customer/potential
customers are searching for so that you can optimize your site accordingly.
Google Adwords Keyword Tool
SEOMOZ has set of Free tools http://www.seomoz.org/tools
Google Webmaster Central Provides you data on how your sites in crawled and
indexed by Google.
Bing Webmaster Center Provides you data on how your sites in crawled and
indexed by Bing.
Google Trends http://www.google.com/trends
Google Insight for Search http://www.google.com/insights/search/#
I already mentioned two tools in my blog post titled Free Social Media
Monitoring Tools for Small Businesses, here they are again (and two new ones) :
1. Google Alerts http://www.google.com/alerts
2. SM2 by Techrigy http://sm2.techrigy.com/
3. Twitter Search http://search.twitter.com/
4. Yelp.com Good for small and medium size businesses. Find out what
customers are saying about you and your competitors.
Here are some more but I have not used all of them,
Want to know how your competitors are doing compared to you? Use some of the
tools listed below. Keep in mind that all of these tools use different ways to
collect the data and hence the actual data you get from one tool will differ
from the other but overall it should provide you good competitive information.
1. Search and Social Media Tools Many of the tools listed above can provide
you competitive information as well. E.g. Set SM2 to monitor the keywords
that describes your competitor and you can start to see what customers are
saying about your competitors
2. Alexa http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo
3. Compete http://www.compete.com/
4. Quantcast http://www.quantcast.com/
5. Google Trends for Websites http://trends.google.com/websites
6. Google Ad Planner http://www.google.com/adplanner. Here is my review of
Google Ad Planner
Like, I mentioned above this is not the most comprehensive list but it should
get you started. Do you have a favorite free tool that is not on this list?
Leave a comment on this blog post or send me an email with the name of the